Facts about psychology
It’s always fascinating and fun to discover something new about ourselves. And it can be much more fascinating to consider the psychology behind the way we act, treat others and express ourselves.
Here are the facts about psychology
1. Any friendship which was born between the ages of 16 and 28 is more likely to be strong and long-lasting.
2. Men with deep husky voices are usually favoured by women because they sound more confident and not aggressive.
3. In general, the people who give the best advice are the ones with the most problems.
4. The smarter the person is, the quicker he thinks, and his handwriting is the sloppier.
5. Our emotions don’t affect the way we communicate. The very opposite is true: the way we communicate influences our mood.
6. The way a person treats restaurant staff exposes a lot about their character.
7. People with a good sense of guilt are better at recognising the thoughts and emotions of other people.
8. Men aren’t funnier than women: they just crack more jokes, they don’t care whether or not other people like their humour.
9. Shy people speak little about themselves, but they do so in a way that makes others believe they know them very well.
10. Women have twice as many receptors of pain on their bodies as men but they have a much higher tolerance of pain.
11. You feel calm, comfortable and satisfied listening to high-frequency music.
12. If you can’t prevent your night-time stream of thinking, get up and write down. This will relax your mind so you can sleep.
13. Good night and good morning text messages stimulate the part of the brain liable for happiness.
14. Doing something that scares you will make you happier.
15. The average time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
16. People who try to keep everyone happy often end up feeling the most lonely.
17. The happier we are the less we need sleep.
18. When you hold the hand of a loved one, you feel painless vigorously and worry less.
19. Smart people tend to have fewer friends than the average. The more intelligent the individual is, the more selective they are.
20. Marrying your best friend reduces the possibility of divorce by more than 70%, and it is more likely that this union will last a lifetime.
21. Women who have more male friends are more likely to remain in a good mood.
22. People who speak two languages can change their personalities unconsciously when they change from language to language.
23. Smoking 15 cigarettes a day is as bad for your health as being alone for a long period.
24. Travel improves brain function and therefore reduces the risk of a person having heart disease and depression.
25. People look more appealing when they’re talking about the things that they care about.
26. When two people talk to each other and one of them slightly turns his feet away or repeatedly moves one foot in an outward direction, this is a strong sign of disagreement and they want to leave.